Tom Rapsas is a writer at the faith site Patheos where he has written the Wake Up Call column since 2012. He has also written for Contemplative Journal and Elephant Journal and is the author of the spiritual fable Thaddeus Squirrel and Life Tweets, Inspirational & Spiritual Insights That Can Change Your Life. Tom lives at the Jersey Shore with his wife, daughter and 8 or 9 cats, depending on the month. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @TomRapsas
My new book, “Thaddeus Squirrel, A Spiritual Fable”, is now available at Amazon.
My latest tweetsMy Tweets
- Life is good. Life is bad. Either way, you’re right.This story originally appeared on my Wake Up Call column at Patheos, 2/20/16. How do you see life? Do you look at it as a series of struggles to overcome? Or do you view life with wonder and focus on … Continue reading →
- Walt Whitman on God, America and Life.This story was first published on my Wake Up Call column at Patheos on February 4, 2017. To see my more recent columns, click here. In my neck of the woods, the name Walt Whitman is associated with a bridge … Continue reading →
- Revealing the mystical secrets of Kabbalah.Kabbalah is the ancient Jewish tradition of mystical interpretation of the Bible. It has been said it can take decades to study and truly comprehend Kabbalah’s lessons. Fortunately, I found a short cut. The author and religious scholar Daniel C. … Continue reading →
- 21 Simple Rules to Live By (by Mahatma Gandhi).This post originally appeared on my Patheos Wake Up Call column, 1/20/17. Do you have a code or set of rules you live by? I often resort to my favorite authors and books for guidance, but I recently came across … Continue reading →
- Spiritual Wisdom in A Light-Hearted, Entertaining Fable: Thaddeus Squirrel #BookReview and #AuthorInterviewOriginally posted on Becca's Inspirational Book Blog: How does passion lead to purpose? In Tom Rapsas’ new book, Thaddeus Squirrel: A Spiritual Fable, the main character realizes that working day and night foraging for acorns, more than he would…
- My new book for young adults, the spiritual fable Thaddeus Squirrel.I recently published a new book, the spiritual fable Thaddeus Squirrel. It’s a book that was over 10 years in the making which requires a short explanation. When my daughter was a little girl, I used to tell her fairy … Continue reading →
- “Dear God, I’m doing the best I can.” (Remembering Huston Smith)To readers of The Inner Way: First, a sincere thank you for reading. Second, as some of you know I write a regular weekly column at Patheos called Wake Up Call. My duties there have kept me from updating this site as often … Continue reading →
- Wise words from Canada—and the smartest guy you never heard of.This story first appeared July 27, 2016, at Patheos where I write a regular weekly column called Wake Up Call. I’ve honored the deceased recently, including my buddy Terry, a good man who passed away at 55 from a sudden … Continue reading →
- 60-Second Inspiration: The Value of Praying for Nothing.Each morning, I say the prayer of gratitude. Along with my early morning run, it’s one of the most important things I do all day. I give thanks for all the good things in my life—my family, my health, my … Continue reading →
- Why Spirituality is a Better Escape Than Drinking, Sex or Drugs.What’s your favorite form of “escape”? Personally, I’m a big fan of craft beers. In fact, I’m sipping a Flying Dog Mango Habanero IPA as I write this and it tastes pretty darn delicious. But I fully realize that drinking … Continue reading →
- Life is good. Life is bad. Either way, you’re right.
Top Posts & Pages