Tom Rapsas is a writer at the faith site Patheos where he has written the Wake Up Call column since 2013. He has also written for Contemplative Journal and Elephant Journal and is the author of the spiritual fable Thaddeus Squirrel and Life Tweets, Inspirational & Spiritual Insights That Can Change Your Life. Tom lives at the Jersey Shore with his wife, daughter and 8 or 9 cats, depending on the month. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @TomRapsas
Get Life Tweets, Spiritual Insights THAT CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
My latest tweetsMy Tweets
- Spiritual Wisdom in A Light-Hearted, Entertaining Fable: Thaddeus Squirrel #BookReview and #AuthorInterviewOriginally posted on Becca's Inspirational Book Blog: How does passion lead to purpose? In Tom Rapsas’ new book, Thaddeus Squirrel: A Spiritual Fable, the main character realizes that working day and night foraging for acorns, more than he would…
- My new book for young adults, the spiritual fable Thaddeus Squirrel.I recently published a new book, the spiritual fable Thaddeus Squirrel. It’s a book that was over 10 years in the making which requires a short explanation. When my daughter was a little girl, I used to tell her fairy … Continue reading →
- “Dear God, I’m doing the best I can.” (Remembering Huston Smith)To readers of The Inner Way: First, a sincere thank you for reading. Second, as some of you know I write a regular weekly column at Patheos called Wake Up Call. My duties there have kept me from updating this site as often … Continue reading →
- Wise words from Canada—and the smartest guy you never heard of.This story first appeared July 27, 2016, at Patheos where I write a regular weekly column called Wake Up Call. I’ve honored the deceased recently, including my buddy Terry, a good man who passed away at 55 from a sudden … Continue reading →
- 60-Second Inspiration: The Value of Praying for Nothing.Each morning, I say the prayer of gratitude. Along with my early morning run, it’s one of the most important things I do all day. I give thanks for all the good things in my life—my family, my health, my … Continue reading →
- Why Spirituality is a Better Escape Than Drinking, Sex or Drugs.What’s your favorite form of “escape”? Personally, I’m a big fan of craft beers. In fact, I’m sipping a Flying Dog Mango Habanero IPA as I write this and it tastes pretty darn delicious. But I fully realize that drinking … Continue reading →
- “Jesus is just like you and me”: the radical message of R. W. Emerson.Imagine graduating from one of the top religious schools in the country, entering the ministry, and after a few years deciding the job isn’t right for you. You find yourself troubled by public prayer, the act of communion, and most … Continue reading →
- My wise 86-year old friend just passed away. Here are his final words.I first met John Gray in early-2014. He was a reader of this column and we began a regular exchange of ideas via e-mail. I soon found myself collecting some of his choicest sayings and, to his great enjoyment, wrote … Continue reading →
- A 10-step guide to being “spiritual but not religious”.I will soon be writing about the brand new book from Thomas Moore, a modern-day translation of one of the New Testament gospels, The Book of Matthew. But as I did a little research on that book, I was reminded … Continue reading →
- Norman Vincent Peale’s 7 life-changing words—and why some call them blasphemous.Norman Vincent Peale may be best known as the author of The Power of Positive Thinking. First published in 1952, the book went on to sell 5 million copies and is still a Top-10 “religion & spirituality” book at Amazon … Continue reading →
- Spiritual Wisdom in A Light-Hearted, Entertaining Fable: Thaddeus Squirrel #BookReview and #AuthorInterview
Top Posts & Pages
- The Wisdom of Donald Shimoda.
- Three bible passages that may blow your mind (in a good way).
- What’s your purpose in life? (How to find your calling.)
- The Bible passage that can change your life.
- The most impressive rich white guy obituary ever.
- The Forbidden Sayings of Jesus.
- Who really chooses your life path? You? Or God?
- Is the best guru for you, you?
- 10 true things Jesus said that you won't find in the Bible.